In the vast and enchanting world of Hyrule, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom offers a thrilling adventure filled with hidden treasures and ancient shrines. As you embark on your journey, one valuable tool that can significantly aid your exploration is the Shrine Detector. This innovative device, when added to your Purah Pad, enables you to effortlessly locate nearby shrines, making your quest even more fulfilling. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of obtaining the Shrine Detector in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, ensuring that you never miss a shrine along your path. Following gameninjaorigin.net !
How to Get Shrine Detector in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
To acquire the Shrine Detector in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, a visit to Robbie at his laboratory in Hateno Village is necessary. However, before Robbie can assist you, there are specific criteria that must be met. Follow these steps to initiate the process of obtaining the Shrine Detector:
- Complete the quest ‘Camera Work in the Depths’: This quest can be obtained from Josha in Lookout Landing. Fulfill the objectives of the quest to proceed.
- Complete one part of the ‘Regional Phenomena’ quest: You can choose any of the four sections of this quest to complete.
- Complete the ‘A Mystery of the Depths’ quest: Return to Josha in Lookout Landing and speak to him to undertake this quest.
Once all these requirements have been fulfilled, return to Lookout Landing and engage in conversation with Robbie. Interacting with him will prompt him to relocate to his laboratory in Hateno Village, located in the southeast of East Necluda at coordinates 3776, -2126, 0260.
After Robbie has settled in his new location, speak to him once again. He will generously gift you the Tears of the Kingdom Shrine Detector and request that you put it to use by locating a nearby shrine concealed within a cave.
The Shrine Sensor: Your Path to Completion
If you consider yourself a true completionist, aiming to discover all 152 Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, the Shrine Sensor is an invaluable tool that will greatly simplify your task. This feature, making a return from Breath of the Wild, emits a distinct noise as you draw closer to a shrine you have yet to visit. While it is not immediately available, a series of quests and side adventures will grant you the Shrine Sensor upgrade for your Purah Pad. Here’s how to obtain the Shrine Sensor in Tears of the Kingdom for all you fervent shrine hunters.
How do I get the Shrine Sensor?
To acquire the Shrine Sensor, you must first complete two distinct quests: ‘Camera Work in the Depths’ and ‘A Mystery in the Depths.’ Completing these quests will reward you with the camera and the Autobuild skill, respectively.
Moreover, once you have repaired Robbie’s hot air balloon using the Autobuild function, you will unlock a new Side Adventure known as Hateno Village Research Lab. Embarking on this quest will set you on the path toward upgrading your Purah Pad with the Shrine Sensor.
How to Complete the Hateno Village Research Lab Side Adventure
To initiate the Hateno Village Research Lab Side Adventure, follow these steps:
- Follow Robbie to Hateno Village: Hateno Village is located south of Mount Lanayru Skyview Tower in the picturesque Necluda region. If you have not yet been to Hateno Village, simply follow the southeast path from Lookout Landing.
- Locate the Laboratory: Once you arrive at Hateno Village, make your way to the top of the village where the laboratory is situated, just as it was in Breath of the Wild. Completing the Sanmik Shrine outside the village will provide you with a fast travel point back to Hateno.
- Speak to Robbie: Engage in conversation with Robbie, and he will proceed to upgrade your Purah Pad with the Shrine Sensor. However, before you set out to find all the shrines, you must first locate one shrine to prove the efficiency of Robbie’s creation.
Finding Mayahisik Shrine
Robbie will instruct you to test the Shrine Sensor within the confines of the laboratory before embarking on your search for a nearby Shrine of Light. Fortunately, the shrine is not far away—in fact, it is situated beneath you.
Follow these steps to find the Mayahisik Shrine:
- Exit the Laboratory: Leave the laboratory and look down to your right. You will notice a cave concealed behind a field of apple trees and covered with rocks.
- Remove the Obstacles: Employ either a bomb or a hammer to clear the path by destroying the rocks obstructing the entrance.
- Navigate the Cave: Enter the cave and proceed to the end, allowing the Shrine Sensor to guide you effortlessly. The Mayahisik Shrine awaits your arrival.
Once you have successfully completed the shrine, return to Robbie to claim the Shrine Sensor for your personal use.
How to Get Sensor +
The Shrine Sensor is not the only upgrade available for your Purah Pad. Robbie presents you with three additional objectives to fulfill, each offering enhanced benefits to your Pad. One of these objectives involves acquiring Sensor + through the Side Adventure titled “Presenting: Sensor +!”
Follow these steps to unlock Sensor +:
- Capture Pictures: Capture five pictures of various monsters during your adventures.
- Return to Robbie: Once you have obtained the necessary data, bring it back to Robbie.
- Upgrade your Sensor: Robbie will reward your efforts by upgrading your sensor, making it significantly more powerful. For detailed instructions on using the camera to capture pictures, refer to our comprehensive guide on how to use the camera.
With the Shrine Sensor and Sensor + in your possession, the vast array of shrines scattered throughout Hyrule will be within your reach. Additionally, don’t forget to consult our guide, featuring maps and locations for all the shrines in Hyrule, both on the surface and in the sky. For further assistance, refer to our Tears of the Kingdom walkthrough.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I acquire the Shrine Detector from Robbie immediately?
No, you must fulfill certain requirements, including completing specific quests, before Robbie will gift you the Shrine Detector. Follow the steps outlined in our guide to obtain this valuable tool.
2. Are there any additional upgrades available for the Purah Pad?
Absolutely! Once you acquire the Shrine Sensor, Robbie will offer you the opportunity to unlock Sensor + through a Side Adventure. Completing the objectives associated with Sensor + will provide you with even greater benefits during your shrine hunting endeavors.
3. How many shrines are there in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom?
There are a total of 152 shrines waiting to be discovered throughout the vast world of Hyrule in Tears of the Kingdom. Utilizing the Shrine Sensor will greatly aid you in your quest to locate and conquer all of them.
4. Are the shrines in Tears of the Kingdom the same as in Breath of the Wild?
While some shrines in Tears of the Kingdom may resemble those found in Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom introduces new shrines, puzzles, and challenges for players to enjoy. It’s a fresh and exciting experience for both new and returning players.
5. Can I backtrack to previously visited shrines using the Shrine Sensor?
Yes, the Shrine Sensor is designed to detect shrines you have not yet visited. However, once you have discovered a shrine, it will not guide you back to that specific shrine. Its purpose is to aid you in finding unexplored shrines.
6. Can the Shrine Sensor be used for other purposes besides locating shrines?
The primary function of the Shrine Sensor is to detect nearby shrines. However, its powerful capabilities may also assist you in discovering other hidden secrets and points of interest within the game world.
The acquisition of the Shrine Detector in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a pivotal moment in your quest to uncover the secrets of Hyrule. With the Shrine Sensor upgrade, your exploration becomes a more seamless and rewarding experience as you strive to discover all 152 shrines. Remember to complete the Hateno Village Research Lab Side Adventure to enhance your Purah Pad further with Sensor +. Happy shrine hunting, and may your journey be filled with adventure, discovery, and triumph!